Check your voter registration status in Sussex County.
To register to vote in New Jersey, you must be:
- A United States citizen
- At least 17 years of age; but you will not be permitted to vote in an election until you reach the age of 18
- A resident of your home county for at least 30 days before the next election
You are not eligible to register to vote if you are serving a sentence of incarceration as a result of a conviction of any indictable offense under state or federal law, or have been adjudged mentally incompetent.
Voter registration forms are processed by the County Board of Elections. The Commissioners of Registration cannot accept a faxed copy or an electronic transmission of a voter registration form, since an original signature is required.
The Voter Registration Form also can be used for name and address changes. Forms must be received by the County Board of Election at least 21 days prior to the next election in order to be able to vote in that election.
What you must do
- You may download a Voter Registration Form or pick one up in person at the Sussex County Board of Elections, the County Clerk’s Office, or from your municipal clerk, or from a Motor Vehicle Agency office; AND
- Send the completed application to Sussex County Board of Election, 83 Spring St., Suite 305, Newton, NJ 07860; OR
- Present the application in person at the Board of Election