Veteran Peddler’s License

A Veteran Peddler’s License is issued by the County Clerk’s office in the county where the Veteran currently resides. The license allows the holder to hawk or sell goods or merchandise within the State of New Jersey without the need to apply for any additional peddler’s license.

What you must do
All applicants must appear in person at the Clerk’s Office.

What you must bring

  • Original DD-214 (or other discharge papers proving honorable separation from military service);
  • Two duplicate 2″ x 3″ color photos of the veteran are needed; you may bring your own photos if you have them, or you may have them taken – free of charge – at the County Clerk’s Office;
  • Proof of a Sussex County address; the applicant must have resided within the state for at least six months and in the county at least three months immediately preceding his/her application for license.

What the application process is
The veteran’s DD214 will be recorded in our office; the original with new recording information will be returned to the veteran at the time of his/her visit.

Clerk staff will interview the veteran and complete an application. The application will be sent to the Military Affairs Office in Trenton, along with a copy of the discharge so that Trenton can verify the information presented.

The applicant will receive a call from the County Clerk’s office within 3-4 weeks to confirm our office is authorized to issue the peddler’s license, or to relay any information from Trenton that came up during the verification process.

What it will cost
There is no charge for this service.