Voters can register online to check the status of their Mail-In Ballot…
Voters who want to check the status of their voted mail-in ballot can do so by setting up a personalized account with the NJ Division of Elections; follow the instructions below:
- Go to https://njelections.org/
- Click “Am I Registered?”
- Click “NJ Voter Information Page“
- Click “Sign Up for Public Access“
- Enter your information as it’s found in your Voter Registration file:
- Last Name
- First Name
- County of Residence
- Enter Voter ID (Most successful)
NOTE: Your Voter Id# is listed on both the outer mailing envelope that your ballot came in, and on the inner envelope used to return your voted ballot to the Board of Elections.
- If you do not know your Voter ID, you may enter your Driver License # instead ONLY if you registered to vote using your DL# as ID
- If you do not know your Voter ID AND you didn’t register with your DL#, you may enter the last 4 digits of your SSN ONLY if you registered to vote using your last 4 SSN as ID
- Click Sign Up for Access
Once you’ve successfully created an account, you’ll be prompted to log in. To check your mail-in ballot status, scroll down to the bottom of your screen and click “Mail-In Ballot History”; the current election will be listed first. Look at the column labeled “Ballot Received Date” to see if/when your ballot was received by the County Board of Elections.
Access to your online account will be available to you year-round for all upcoming elections. If you’ve chosen to vote-by-mail in all future elections, it would be a great idea to set up an account for continued access to your voting records.
NOTE: If you were unsuccessful in creating an account online, you’ll need to contact the Sussex County Board of Elections to check your Voter ID.